Usb drives are being popular now days for carrying large files easily and these are the best replacement to the cd/dvd disks. Day by day usb flash drives data storage is increased and at the same time it becomes more flexible in data transferring from one pc to another pc.Usb drives are more useful and necessary to every pc user because
- It reduces the usage of cd/dvd disks
- Capable to store large files
- Send and receive data within seconds with the new 3.0 flash drives
- Easy to use and easy to carry
At the same time there are some disadvantages also with the usb drives that are usb drives are easily affected by the viruses. Some are removed by the antivirus programs and some other viruses doesn’t handled by the antivirus. We’re become hopeless at this time and there is only one way to get good condition to flash drive i.e. formatting the usb flash drive. Here I mention top 3 ways to format usb flash drive.
1.Format Using Windows Default Method:
This is the common method which is used by most of the pc users from the years ago and it works well in maximum situations. To format your usb drive using this method follows these steps.
1. First insert usb drive into usb port and press shift to stop auto play and go to my computer by pressing Win+E key combination.
2. Now select your usb drive by right click on that and select format option to format usb drive
3. Now it opens a dialogue box with formatting options like capacity, file system etc. Keep all settings default by clicking on restore device defaults.
2. Format using command prompt:
This is one other method which formats your usb drive effectively than the default windows format method. Follow this method if the first method doesn’t work.
1. Open command prompt by typing cmd in the run box and press enter.
2. Now change the command prompt path to your usb drive by typing usb drive letter with colon.For example K:
3. Now you’re in usb drive path, type the following syntax as it is Format K: and press enter
4. Now it asks you to press enter, simply press enter and it shows the usb drive type that means fat 32 or ntfs file type and shows warning message. Ignore that message and press Y key in keyboard to start the formatting process. Now it will be dismounted and process shown in percentage. After completing the process it asks you to enter volume label, enter volume label or press enter to leave it blank.
3.Format using 3rd party tools:
This is the safest and easiest method to format usb drive rather than above two methods. In internet there are many usb drive formatting tools are available. Here I choose Hp usb disk storage format tool to format the usb drive.
1. First you need to download this small freeware which is developed by famous computer and other pc hardware manufacturer HP from any software directory like softpedia or cnet.
2. After downloading file run it in administrator mode to start formatting process.
3. Now select your usb drive in the drop down box and click on start button to perform formatting process.
4. After it shows a warning message, simply click on ok button to start the quick format.
5. Finally it shows the details about your usb flash drive.